Sunday, September 30, 2007

The power of big words and complex sentences.

I'm in the mood for some Mayonaise...

Acting like you're smarter than you really are, or using really big words, just makes you look like a tool. It makes me laugh that big words put the message, whatever it may be(Isn't that the point?), across better than one or two smaller words.

I can't stress enough how much I hate having to read blogs four or five times before I can actually understand what someone is saying. I'm not trying to act smart here. You can ask the nice girl that I emailed, I don't even know what I'm talking about half the time, so pretending that I do have a clue what I mean would just make me seem like an idiot.

Isn't it just a kick in the metaphorical nuts that not everyone has a degree in English?

Dictionary.com really is a lifesaver, ain't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe that even the real Gerard Way does not strike a conversation using big words in every sentence. We may be dealing with an imposter.

Farting In The Shadows said...

Well, some bloggers use poetic language to attack LynZ, and that gets us nowhere, right? (come on, even you have to sort of agree)

Magic Pie said...

hell, I have an English Degree AND a Journalism diploma and I STILL don't understand more than half of what Mayo says.